Links For Customers
How-to guides and easy steps on water-wise landscaping and lawn replacement instructions
JCSD offers landscape classes to help you conserve water outdoors and learn about water-wise landscaping. Residents are invited to register and attend any or all of these landscape classes. Handouts, giveaways and snacks included.
Easy tips on how to get the best value on your water use indoors and outdoors
Have a Drought Tolerant Front Landscape? Request a Certified Drought Tolerant Landscape sign today!
Whether you're looking for inspiration, a reason to stretch your legs, or an educational opportunity, this list of local water-wise gardens should give you a good start
- Girl Scout & Boy Scout Online Patch & Merit Badge Program, Grades K-12
Metropolitan’s online water awareness merit badge program educates Scouts about Southern California's watersheds, water distribution and water quality initiatives as well as inspire water conservation actions. Troops are provided with kits that include worksheets, fact sheets and virtual reality goggles. Troops engage online with water industry experts to learn about careers in the water industry, experience virtual facility tours, and learn to calculate home and school water conservation audits. After each workshop, Scouts will have the tools to educate their communities about water conservation and stewardship. Use the sign up form for all of The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California's water education programs.
Visit these websites for more information on how to make your home more water efficient.
- Free Compost Giveaways on the first and third Saturdays of each month - hosted by the Chino Basin Water Conservation District.
- iEfficient is a collaborative conservation effort developed by water agencies and cities throughout the Inland Empire, including JCSD.
- Save Our Water is a partnership between the Association of California Water Agencies and the California Department of Water Resources.
- Metropolitan Water District provides tips on how to Be Water Wise.
- Sprinklers 101 website provides information on how to make your sprinklers more efficient to reduce or eliminate irrigation runoff.
- SoCal Water Smart provides a listing of all the rebates that are available to JCSD customers and most water customers in Southern California.
- California Native Plant Society provides information on native plants including care, irrigation, and maintenance.
- Inland Empire Garden Friendly provides local communities with conservation-based educational opportunities, as well as information and access to climate-appropriate plants.
- Ask a Master Gardener your plant, tree, and gardening questions. These volunteers are trained by the UCCE Advisers, Specialists and other qualified instructors to provide the gardeners of Riverside County with research-based information to promote environmentally responsible and sustainable horticultural practices.
Questions? (951)727-8002 or email SaveWater@JCSD.us