Previously located in Corona, the house was once the centerpiece of Arnaz’s Corona thoroughbred ranch where he lived after his marriage to Lucille Ball ended in 1960. The home was designed by Mr. Arnaz to resemble his childhood home in Cuba. In 1984 the house was relocated to a 14-acre parcel near the Santa Ana River by artist Burt Altfillisch. The house was taken apart in three sections to facilitate transport. In November of 2013, Jurupa Community Services District (JCSD) purchased the 4,250-square foot Desi Arnaz house.
JCSD plans are to showcase the architecture and gardens as well as highlight its history.
The project’s stated mission is to “provide a unique space to host friends, family and business as Desi did”. To achieve these goals the project will be completed in several phases.
- Planning: a Renovation Plan and Proposed Uses Report was created in March of 2016.
- The second plan check was approved by the City of Eastvale and permits are available to be issued.
- The Request for Proposals is estimated to be released by May 10, 2018, with a mandatory pre-bid meeting scheduled on May 22, 2018. The bids are due to be received by May 31, 2018.
- The bid opening was held on June 28, 2018 with one bid received in the amount of $4,551,000.00. Due to the bid amount being double the estimated budget, staff is researching other ways to deliver the project, including in-house resources.
- This business plan outline consists of recommendations for the use of the property, a marketing plan, and its budget.
- Staff is researching options to deliver the project, including in-house resources.
- Home Exterior
- Home Interior
Desi House Update :
- The project went out to bid October 3, 2018.
- Non-mandatory pre-bid meeting was held at the Desi house on October 23, 2018.
- Last date for questions is November 2, 2018.
- Construction bid closes on November 28, 2018 at 2:00 PM.
- Bid to be awarded and contracts to be approved by JCSD Board in December 2018.
- Construction is scheduled to begin January 2019, with 270 days of construction.