Welcome to JCSD TO GO, our Virtual Recreation and Resource Center! This is your place for fun, education and resources through these wild and turbulent times. We are committed to ensuring that our resilient community members have resources to maintain healthy lives, grow meaningful relationships and continue to have extraordinary experiences. In these challenging times, our JCSD TO GO will bring these programs and resources right to you and your family with the hope of making it easier for you to prioritize your health and well-being.
Visit this page often or follow us on Instagram or Facebook @jcsdparks for new updates and ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy, entertained and informed.
Please note that we do not endorse, collect payment on behalf of, or receive funds to advertise any of the third party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
Have a great idea or resource you’d like to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As our daily lives are filled with more indoor time, there are many ways to stay healthy and active.
Here are a few ideas for staying active indoors (Disclaimer: Individuals should consult their physician before starting any exercise program or changing their diet to limit risks of injury).
Take a Virtual Fitness Class - There are plenty of FREE options online. Here are just a few:
- Do Yoga with Me - Free yoga videos
- Fitness Blender - Variety of free videos
- Nike Training Club - App filled with free fitness videos
- Planet Fitness - Planet Fitness is posting free workout at home videos on YouTube
- STRONG by Zumba- YouTube channel with fun at home Zumba workout
For the Kids
- Fitness Blender for Kids - Free fitness videos
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Kid friendly videos
- 87 Energy-Busting Indoor Games & Activities
Need more ideas? Try some of these below:
- Make a cardboard fort
- Set up a treasure hunt - Treasure hunts are pretty easy and depending on how many items there are, could last a while. Hide anywhere from 10 to 20 items around the house or outside to keep kids occupied for a few hours.
- Read-at-home bingo. As your kids accomplish each reading task, they should cross off each bingo square.
- Bake together - Cookies, cakes, brownies. Anything! Baking is a great lesson in measuring, ingredients, and of course, making delicious goodies.
- Have an indoor picnic
- Have a pizza party night! Make your own pizza and add whatever toppings you want!
- Set up and outdoor gym class
- Pull out those old Halloween costumes and have a fun party!
- Or pull out some fancy clothes and have a fashion show!
- Make your own family board game! Instructions HERE
- Set up the camping gear in the living room and make s'mores on the stove!
- Make your own music video
- Have an Easter Egg hunt
- Paint a Self-portrait
Be sure to tag us @jcsdparks on all of your social media platforms! We would love to see what memories your family has created!
Did you know that the current Shelter in Place order allows for individuals to "engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with the Social Distancing Requirements...such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking and running." Here’s a few ideas (don’t forget your Social Distance rules!).
- Visit a local park - Our parks and trails are free and still open to the public. Please be aware that all playgrounds, splash pads, skate parks, dog parks, exercise equipment, basketball courts, tennis/pickle ball courts and all open sports fields are closed. Don’t forget to tag us on social media.
- Walk/run around your neighborhood and say hi (from a distance) to all of your neighbors who are getting outside too.
- Go for a drive.
Although we’re all social distancing physically, as humans we need to stay connected emotionally. Try one or two of these out every day.
- Call a friend or relative you haven’t spoken to in a while to check in.
- Write a letter.
- Support a local restaurant - Many restaurants are still open for take out or delivery orders. Support your favorite joints and order food for pick up or try out Doordash or Ubereats and have it brought to you.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep. Make time to unwind.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
- Work on Mindfulness - Mindfulness is a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you’re sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgment. Practicing mindfulness involves breathing methods, guided imagery, and other practices to relax the body and mind and help reduce stress.
Exercise your Brain
- CNUSD – Online Enrichment Learning – This link will take you to the CNUSD’s dedicated page on Online Enrichment Learning for great tools separated by age groups for your child.
- Visit the County of Riverside’s Virtual Library - The library has tons of free ebooks ready for your enjoyment as well as online classes.
- The California Department of Water Resources has some great educational materials and resources available.
For the Kids (or kids at heart)
- Hold a virtual play date through Facetime.
- Teach a young person how to write and send a letter.
- Take a Virtual Vacation - Explore the work using Google Earth! Use Street View to see places like you’re actually there.
- Head to the Monterey Bay Aquarium through their live stream.
- Head to the San Diego Zoo through their live web cams!
- Visit one of many museums around the work through their virtual tours.
- Daily Doodle lessons by Mo Willems.
- Discover Space and tune in to watch the International Space Station Live Stream
Arts and Craft Activities
- FreeKidsCrafts - Lots of categories of idea, templates and print outs.
- Crafts by Amanda
- Paint Night - Host your own paint night in the comfort of your home!
Be in the Know. Visit these sites for the latest local information regarding COVID-19.
- County of Riverside – Public Health Department- This is the lead Agency in Riverside County directing our community’s response to COVID-19.
- Corona Norco Unified School District - This link will take you to CNUSD’s dedicated page on COVID-19 info.
- Centers for Disease Control - CDC’s COVID-19 site.
Visit these sites for information on food resources.
- Feeding America IE – Riverside and San Bernardino Counties - Food programs for all
- CNUSD Meal Program - Obtain breakfast and lunch for your child while school is out (no meals will be served from March 30-April 3)
- Meals on Wheels - Riverside County - Meal delivery for older adults
Be sure to tag @JCSDParks on all of the memories your family, friends and loved ones are having with JCSD To Go!