Do-It-Yourself Landscaping Transformation
We introduce to you a series of landscape designs, palettes and ideas that will serve you as a resource to transform your landscape from water thirsty to water friendly.
In order to get a sense of what type of yard you would like:
- Explore the Landscape Themes below
- Choose a theme you believe would suit your home and tastes
- Pick out plants from the Plants List that correspond to the Landscape Theme you have selected
- Utilize the Information Handouts for more detailed instructions
Ready to begin your Landscaping Transformation?
- Landscape Themes:
- Colorful Desert Theme - Often bright and bold, yet simple.
- Flowery Chaparral Theme - The aesthetic icon of Southern California's natural scenery.
- Waterwise Exotics - A tropical feel that almost any landscape can attain.
- Woodland Meadows - A natural appearance, accomplished by focusing on ornamental grass clumping, perennials and wildflowers.
- Information Handouts
- Provides readers with a plethora of informative guides and resources.
For more information, please contact the Conservation Department at (951) 727-8007 or email at SaveWater@jcsd.us.