Industrial Waste Business Resources


All commercial, industrial, and non-residential development projects are required by JCSD Ordinance, and Federal and State regulations, to undergo a JCSD Industrial Waste review process.  This process takes place simultaneously with the plan-check process.  


Developers are required to submit to JCSD a completed Non-Residential Wastewater Survey Questionnaire. The Non-Residential Wastewater Questionnaire must be completed to help the District understand your facility’s wastewater discharge. Submit a single copy of the proposed building layout and plumbing blueprints with the completed forms for record. Submission of these documents and this questionnaire is the first step in the plan check process. The District will review the submission to verify compliance with the District’s Ordinance Pretreatment Ordinance 423Pretreatment Ordinance 226 and Ordinance 425, or FOG Ordinance 413.

Visit the Development Engineering Services page for more information about new sewer connections, new housing or commercial developments.

On-Site Pre-Treatment

JCSD’s Industrial Wastewater Division will review the completed package to determine if the project will require on-site pre-treatment and to determine the sewer facility fees for the project.  If it is determined that on-site pre-treatment is required, the following process will be implemented: 

  • The developer submits plans for on-site pre-treatment
  • The plans are reviewed by JCSD’s Industrial Waste Division
  • After the approval of plans, JCSD’s Industrial Waste Inspector will oversee and inspect the installation of the on-site pre-treatment facilities

Facility Fees and Monthly Charges

The facility fees and monthly charges are based on the estimated volume of wastewater and the quality of the wastewater discharged using the information supplied to JCSD by the developer on the Non-Residential Wastewater Questionnaire form. Based on the circumstances below, JCSD will re-assess the facility fees and monthly charges:

  1. When a commercial or industrial project has multiple units being fed by a domestic water master-meter (or meters) or when a project with a single unit has not fully occupied or utilized the entire building.
  2. When there is a change in ownership and/or property use. 

Additional Forms:

Inland Empire Brine Line – Discharge Permit Application.

City of Riverside Discharge Permit Application

Discharge Limitation Table 

Please contact the JCSD Industrial Waste Division representative Marce Billings at (951) 685-7434 or email for more information. 

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.