Want the latest JCSD news? We post all press releases here before they are distributed, so visit this page often for the latest and archived press releases.
Jurupa Community Service District has received reports that some residents in surrounding areas are being contacted by individuals identifying themselves as utility employees. These people demand immediate payment (within 30 minutes), often requesting the customer immediately purchase a pay card at a local convenience store or use PayPal.
This is a scam.
We would like to preemptively warn you against scam attempts with the following facts.
- Customers will always be notified of delinquency well in advance of any possible disconnection.
- JCSD will never request payment through PayPal or a specific brand of cash card. Our accepted forms of payment are limited to cash, check, money order, and credit/debit card.
- Per the JCSD Board of Director’s decision to protect public health during the pandemic and the Governor’s Order, JCSD is not shutting off service as a result of non-payment. This means you will be able to identify a scammer if they threaten an immediate shut-off. Please be aware that while we are not shutting off water, you will still be held responsible for your water usage. We urge you to make regular payments so that your bill stays current.
- While we can accept payment over the phone, our customer service team will never demand immediate payment or threaten immediate shut-off. We are happy to work with you to establish a payment plan.
- Most of our calls about accounts will be from an automatic calling system and are meant to notify you of the status of your bill. We take cybersecurity very seriously and ensure your data’s safety.
- Field service workers will be wearing our logo and be driving in trucks marked with our logo. If you are uncertain about an interaction you have had with a worker, you may always seek validation with us before committing to any action.
By knowing what to expect, you can protect yourself from becoming the victim of a scam. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (951) 685-7434.
If you are having trouble paying your utility bill, you may qualify for assistance. JCSD is proud to offer our Customer Care Program to assist you. More information is available on our website at www.jcsd.us/CustomerCare.