For the purposes of funding and planning, projects are divided into two areas: Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) and Projects/Programs. CIP are strategically designed to address important community needs and are typically completed over more than one year due to size and/or cost of the project. Most projects are smaller in both scope and cost and can be completed within one year.
Current Parks and Recreation Projects
In November of 2015, Jurupa Community Services District (JCSD) purchased the 4,250-square foot Desi Arnaz house. Previously located in Corona, the house was once the centerpiece of Arnaz’s Corona thoroughbred ranch where he lived after his marriage to Lucille Ball ended in 1960. The home was designed by Mr. Arnaz to resemble his childhood home in Cuba. JCSD purchased the house and relocated it to a 14-acre parcel near the Santa Ana River. Eventual plans are to showcase the architecture and gardens as well as highlight its history.
The project’s stated mission is to “provide a unique space to host friends, family and business as Desi did”. To achieve these goals the project will be completed in several phases.
- Planning: a Renovation Plan and Proposed Uses Report was created in March of 2016.
- The second plan check has been approved by the City of Eastvale and permits are available to be issued.
- The Request for Proposals is estimated to be released by May 10, 2018, with a mandatory pre-bid meeting scheduled on May 22, 2018. The bids are due to be received by May 31, 2018.
- This business plan outline consists of recommendations for the use of the property, a marketing plan, and its budget.
- JCSD Engineering Department is coordinating the south restroom sewer line installation.
- Project going out to bid on February 19, 2018.
- Construction bid opens on March 19, 2018,
- Bid to be awarded and contract to be prepared by JCSD Board on March 26, 2018
- Construction scheduled to begin on April 9, 2018
- Home Exterior
- Home Interior
The park's restroom opened to the public on March 30, 2018 along with necessary access stairs and ramps.
Eastvale Community Park
Eastvale Community Park Trail Completion & Driveway Widening
- Construction began on March 5, 2018, and is progressing.
- The driveway widening portion has been completed; the installation of planting materials has been completed and has entered a ninety (90)-day maintenance period.
- The trail portion in future phase II of Eastvale Community Park is now the focus of construction.
Phase II - Trail Connection - Santa Ana River Trail (SART)
JCSD manages the Eastvale Trail which is a small portion of the Santa Ana River Trail (SART) and parkway project. The SART is designed to extend from the Pacific Ocean to the crest of the San Bernardino Mountains and, at build out, will total over 110 miles in length.
- Contract was awarded to Los Angeles Engineering by the JCSD Board of Directors on February 26, 2018.
- Pre-construction meeting was held on March 1, 2018, with an estimated construction start date of March 12, 2018, and a completion date prior to Picnic in the Park.
- Traffic control parking will be aided during construction time. Staff will be in communication with the construction firm to minimize the impact during evening and weekend activities in the park and will communicate with user groups as to the impact they can expect and how to prepare.