The Development Services Division is part of the Engineering Department and is responsible for the planning, design, review, and construction inspection of water and sewer facilities; and the facilitation of street lights for developer-funded projects. Development Services maintains a plan-check tracking system and tracks all developer-funded project milestones through all phases of the project to maintain quality control.
The Standards Manual (this document is 14 MB and may take a few minutes to download) provides a detailed description of the procedures and policies to be followed during any Developer-funded project. JCSD applies fees to offset the public-service cost of a new development. The “Advance Payment against Actual Cost” funds various functions such as plan-check, inspection, and other services required to implement the project.
Before, During, and After Construction
JCSD Engineering staff helps ensure that construction projects, for water and sewer services, meets the standards and specifications within the Jurupa Community Services District Standards Manual. Below are required steps to get started:
- Availability Letters - Developers are required to obtain a Water/Sewer Availability letter for all projects that involve water and/or sewer services. To obtain a Water/Sewer Availability letter, please submit a letter to the District requesting availability within the project, describing the type of project, a map showing the property requiring water and/or sewer service and a $1,800.00 deposit for either Parcel Maps or Tract Maps. Once the request is received, the Development Consultants will provide feedback, if needed, and submit the request for approval to the Sewer and/or Water Committee and the Board of Directors. Please click here to view a sample availability letter.
- Plan Check Procedures - Once the Availability Letter is approved by the Board of Directors, plan checking service can begin. Plan checking service ensures that plans meet the specifications approved by the Board of Directors. JCSD specifications can be purchased at the JCSD office. Enter here for a full description of Please review the Plan Check Procedure and fees (PDF Instructions on Plan Check and fees) for a full description.
- Pre-Construction Meetings and Inspections –Pre-Construction meetings are mandatory and conducted with JCSD’s Inspector, JCSD’s Supervisor, or their representative, tract or job superintendent, and a City of Jurupa Valley or City of Eastvale representative and are conducted after items on the Pre-Job Checklist have been completed by a JCSD representative. For complete procedures for Pre-Construction Meetings, Video Inspections, Pre-Occupancy Inspections, Final Inspections for Tracks, Individual, Plot Plan and District Projects, please review the Procedures for Pre-Construction Meetings .
Development Services Customer Service Staff
If you have any questions, please call our Development Services customer service staff at (951) 685-7434, Monday thru Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.:
- Nicole Smith – Extension 140
- Nickie Hamic – Extension 141
Development Services PDF Forms
For your convenience, you can download the following Development Services forms:
Necessary Forms for Industrial Applications