Jurupa Community Services District (JCSD) recognizes the need for an active legislative program to ensure the interests of JCSD customers are protected. The Board of Directors developed JCSD's Legislative Platform to define desired outcomes from challenges posed by proposed legislation and to determine positions on issues that may impact the District. The Legislative Platform is based on the District’s mission and vision.
The mission of JCSD is to provide water, sewer, wastewater, park and recreation, graffiti abatement, and other essential services to our community.
The Vision of the JCSD Board is:
- Refine our financial policies and practices to better reflect the complexities of our service area and ensure our long-term financial stability;
- Enhance the efficiency, reliability, and security of District infrastructure;
- Maintain and finance reliable potable and non-potable water treatment, production, storage, and distribution systems that meet the current and future needs;
- Continue to improve adequate emergency preparedness for District facilities;
- Demand the implementation of ground water recharge in the Chino basin to achieve local hydraulic balance;
- Maintain and finance reliable sewerage collection systems to meet the current and future needs;
- Develop programs and systems to do our part in protecting the environment and incorporate green technologies in our service areas;
- Maximize available water supplies for our customers by developing recycled water and water conservation programs;
- Secure sufficient and reliable additional and diverse water supplies to meet current and future needs;
- Sustain and encourage a goal-oriented, high-performing, highly-qualified, flexible, motivated, innovative, and responsive workforce to assure an adaptable environment;
- Build our public information and outreach methods to connect and better promote with the community we serve;
- Achieve national accreditation (NPRA) in the area of park and recreation;
- Identify the needs and expectations of the public for recreation programs;
- Partner with Riverside County and other agencies to best provide for Parks and Recreation needs to our service area; and
- Develop a legislative platform that supports the Mission and Vision of the District.
Positions on Bills
JCSD tracks bills of greatest interest to the District, including topics mentioned in the JCSD Mission:
- Parks and Recreation
- Graffiti Abatement
- Other Essential Services to Our Community
A summary of the bills being tracked are presented to the Legislative/PR Committee at their committee meetings.